Finding Elderly Parent Support

I’m often contacted by people outside Oregon who are looking for help in their home state. Unfortunately, I don’t know many people with a specialty in helping adult children with aging parents but here are some ways I’ve found resources for out of state people who’ve contacted me. If you’re out of state hopefully this will help and if you’re in Oregon maybe you know someone who can benefit.

Each state has an Area Agency on Aging. There’s also a national association of Area Agencies on Aging at On the right side of the screen you’ll see a green shaded picture of the USA. If you click on it you can go to a state list and select yours.

Another type of professional that may be able to help or point you in the right direction is a Geriatric Care Manager. These professionals are often nurses, social workers or counselors. To find a certified geriatric care manager in your state go to:

Some mediators specialize in elder care issues. Try searching online for elder mediation and your state and/or city. If they don’t fit your needs, they may know someone who can.

There are support groups for caregivers across the nation. Again, do an online search for your state and/or city. Support group organizers may know someone who can help or point you in the right direction.

Hopefully this will guide you, or someone you know, in finding support as you care for an elderly parent or loved one.

PLEASE VISIT MY OTHER SITE if you're dealing with depression, anxiety, self confidence or other issues keeping you from being happy: